Most Loved WorkPlace
Learn the factors that make a Most Loved Workplace. After studying over 300 organizations, & 12 different factors that make a most loved or most hated workplace, Louis Carter dentified the keys to having a workplace where everyone truly wants to produce business results. The results of this study sometimes contradict what popular & more traditional engagement, and best places to work have provided. As it turns out, having a best friend at work, or liking your boss/manager is not the way to an employee's inner psyche to perform. There are much different factors that make them want to produce major results.
Research performed by Louis Carter and the Best Practice Institute found that people in fact reach peak-performance when they like their co-workers, have a strong sense of belonging, & can also provide for their families.
During this workshop or keynote session, you will learn:
1. The critical success factors for the highest level of employee productivity - whether it is more sales or excellence in customer, member or patient satisfaction.
2. How to get the greatest net promoter score for your company.
3. What you can do to become a Most Loved Place to Work
4. Who are the most important people to involve in a transformation of your talent to the highest performers and brand champions for your company
Becoming an HR Champion of Change by Engaging Your Whole System"
Lou works in groups and one-on-one to engage the audience in the process of change and transformation. He will present processes, systems, and examples to bring us to this conclusion and then work with the room to establish an understanding of the process.
During this session, participants will learn:
- The Best Practices Systems Model for Developing HR Best Practices
- The BPI Whole System Transformation Model and Process
- The Myth of the Thought Leader: Finding the Thought Leader in You
- First Steps to Take When You Go Back Home: Transfer Back On-The-Job
Find Purpose and Make a Dent in Your Organization's
Do you have a purpose at work? Do you find you are respected and live the values that you espouse?Learn the process of forming a connected and engaged talent community.
- Learn the neuroscience behind safe collaboration, appreciation, and feed-forward.
- Get the purpose model – which includes how understanding and applying purpose, process, and practice helps in sharing and creating your talent management story.
- Discover and begin dialogue with your colleagues who will help you achieve your goals at the conference and during the year.
- Learn cases related to finding purpose and making impact and measure your results in your organization